- 1 sweet potato, washed, (peeled if not organic), chopped into bite size chunks
- ¼ yellow pepper, chopped
- ¼ to ½ avocado, chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, washed, remove from stems, ripped into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (pre-rinse if not already)
- 2 tbsps. Hemp seeds
- Sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
For the Thai Peanut/Almond Sauce:
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) natural smooth peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) grated fresh ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) fresh lime juice, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon (37 mL) low-sodium tamari
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) granulated sugar or a couple drops of stevia
- Place sweet potatoes in saucepan with water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft.
- Place 1 cup water and ½ cup rinsed quinoa. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. When finished, remove from heat and stir in kale to soften.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by putting all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Place the quinoa and kale in the bottom of your bowl, place on top or to the side the peppers, warm sweet potatoes, avocado and top with hemp seeds, salt/pepper and dressing.
This is one of my favourite winter salads. I used the dressing/sauce from Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon.
More Yummy Salads using Kale…..Hemp Kale Salad, Kale Waldorf Salad, Crunchy Kale Salad
Tanya Morrison has been in the Health/Wellness and Fitness Field for over two decades. She has coached and trained many clients over the decades. She is a certified Personal Trainer, Precision Nutrition Level 1 Nutrition Coach, Pilates/Aerobics/Yoga Instructor and more. She is the creator of the Busy Mama Detox which is a 12 week program that runs in January, April and September of each year. To find out more about this life changing program check out the testimonials and information at www.busymamadetox.com. Tanya also teaches many different classes at Move Your Body Studio in Bobcaygeon, www.moveyourbody.ca and has written Healthy Snacks for Kids, Get the Skinny on Skinny Jeans & Living Vibrantly with Raw Goodness – Your Guide to Juicing & Blending.